Last updated January 15, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Lansing Urgent Care. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information or would like to exercise any rights about your personal information you may have, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In Short: When you use the Services, several types of data may be collected from you, including: Non-Personal Information and Personally Identifiable Information. Certain types of data are specifically NOT collected, including personal information from children.
Personally Identifiable Information
You can view some content on the Website without disclosing any information that, alone or in combination with other information, can be used to uniquely identify, contact or locate you (collectively, “Personally Identifiable Information,” or “PII”). However, certain features may require PII. Lansing Urgent Care collects personal information you provide through online scheduling, employment applications, online test results, online bill pay, occupational health services request form, and contact forms.
- Employment Applications. Lansing Urgent Care provides users with the convenience of online employment applications. PII collected through this feature may include, without limitations, your name, current occupation, current and past employer, address, phone number and email address. PII provided through our employment applications will be securely sent via email communication from our Website.
- Occupational Health Services Request Form. Lansing Urgent Care provides users with the convenience of an online Occupational Health Services request form. PII collected through this feature may include, without limitations, your name, email address, company, phone number, and a comment box for any additional information you choose to include. PII provided through our Occupational Health Services request forms will be sent to us via email communication from our Website. This it is not a HIPAA secure email, do not send sensitive personal information or medical questions.
- Contact Forms. Lansing Urgent Care provides users with the convenience of online contact forms. PII collected through this feature may include, without limitations, your name, phone number, email address and any additional information you chose to include. PII provided through our contact forms will be sent to us via email communication from our Website. This it is not a HIPAA secure email, do not send sensitive personal information or medical questions.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: The use and disclosure of certain information varies with respect to the type of information collected. We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that will only include first name. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have.
For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: Lansing Urgent Care will only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, Lansing Urgent Care uses Google Maps for the purpose of providing estimated wait times to better service our patients.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: Lansing Urgent Care aims to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should only access our Website and submit personal information within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: Lansing Urgent Care does not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. Parents and guardians are advised that any personal information voluntarily entered by children may be available for public access. If your child has submitted personal information, please contact us at email@example.com to request that such information be removed. Once we are aware of information entered by a child, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases and storage areas; however, we are not liable for any consequences relating to such information.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Your privacy rights are determined by your place of residence with different states, countries and regions providing for very different rights. You may also decline to submit information with Lansing Urgent Care, in which case, your use of Services and other Website features may be limited.
Some jurisdictions (state, federal, national and international), such as California, Canada, and the European Economic Area (through the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)), provide individuals with certain rights regarding their PII. To exercise any rights your jurisdiction may provide, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using any of the other contact information at the bottom of this page. The following are examples of individual rights California law provides residents.
- Being informed about your PII and how we control or process it.
- Viewing and obtaining a copy of the PII we maintain about you.
- Amending or revising the PII we maintain about you.
- Having the PII we keep about you erased (also known as the right to be forgotten).
- Objecting to the use of your PII for direct marketing.
- Restricting our use of the PII we maintain about you.
- Objecting to our use of the PII we maintain about you.
- Knowing from where we obtained your PII.
- To receive the same products or services (to the extent possible) at the same price regardless of whether you exercise your individual rights under this Notice.
- Withdraw your previously provided consent (this right may only be available on a prospective basis).
- Filing a complaint with us or the appropriate governmental entity.
We may require that you verify your identity before exercising your individual rights.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, Lansing Urgent Care will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Lansing Urgent Care
505 North Clippert St.
Lansing, MI 48912